Welcome to the Planet Tone Custom Shop! Here you can design your own prewired pickguard and we will professionally assemble and solder the components based on your specifications.
Please Note: Custom Delivery time of 2 weeks or longer depending on demand.
Information on the options available:
1. Planet Tone Pickup Choice
- Choose amongst our large selection of Planet Tone hand crafted premium American pickups.
- Fit 11 Hole American Standard Stratocasters from 1963 to Present.
- Fit 11 Hole Mexican Standards Stratocasters from 2002 to Present
- Accessories = knobs and switch tip
- American –> CTS potentiometers, American switch
- Metric –> Alpha potentiometers, alpha switch
- 5 way switching
- 7 way via mini toggle
- 7 way via push/pull
Note: 7 way switching includes neck/bridge and neck/middle/bridge switching options plus standard 5 way switching options.
5 way and 7 way VTT assignments are as follows:
- Volume = master volume
- Tone 1 = neck
- Tone 2 = middle & bridge
5. Capacitor Type
The higher quality the capacitor the smoother and warmer the tone.
- Poly Cap = Traditional
- Orange Drop = Upgrade
- Oil Filled = Best Choice
- .047 caps = Used in Les Pauls etc.,allow more low end frequencies
- .022 caps = Traditionally used in Strats®, allow less low end frequencies
6. TBX Tone Control
- Fender TBX Tone Control = Treble Bass Expander at middle and bridge
7. Treble Bleed / Volume Mod
- Treble Bleed / Volume Mod is used for minimizing volume or treble bleed when rolling back your volume.
- As you roll back your volume your guitar retains more of the high end tones
Note: This mod can brighten your guitars tone overall by a very slight amount
8. Wire Type
- Modern hook up wire = Used by Fender® today on standard guitars
- Vintage Cloth push back wire = Used by Fender® Custom Shop
Note: Wire type has no effect on tone and is purely cosmetic.
- Standard sized screws are used and available in black, gold and traditional steel.